Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creative Scrappers Sketch #166

Our sketch this week at Creative Scrappers is by Kristine Davidson. We spent a week this month in Gulf Shores, Alabama, and I was so excited to use one of the many pictures I took from our very first family vacation for this sketch. I am sure many more layouts are to come from this trip. It had been 8 1/2 years since I had seen the ocean and beach, and over seven years since we had taken any real vacation, so this was needed. Since we don't travel a lot, we were a bit leery about taking the kids on such a long drive, but they were golden! We bought them portable DVD players with headphones, and I swear we barely heard a peep out of them for the entire 11 hour drive! They were so good, we might just make this an annual event. Lord knows that I don't want to wait another 8 1/2 years to dip my toes in the ocean!
Here is this my layout based on sketch #166:
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day, and happy scrapping!

2 comments:

Izzy Anderson said...

Wow, that is some serious, crazy fussy cutting. Amazing and I love it. Did you use a craft knife? You did a beautiful job with this Pink Paislee collection. Darling photo.

Zackalor said...

Deb, this is stunning! I love that red fussy cut embellie behind the picture. The picture is just precious, too!